On November 7th 2012, Short Breaks Network ran a conference exploring good practice in personalised services for disabled children and young people. We felt that the important issues presented and discussed needed to reach a wider audience and so have devoted this edition to the theme of the conference.
Better Breaks Conference Edition: Achieving a Personalised Approach to Short Breaks
- Guest Editorial: What do we mean by personalisation?
- Blowing our own trumpet: Bury parents taking the lead on personalisation
- Big Mouth Forum: Our thoughts on the service of short breaks. BMF was set up in Leicester to make sure disabled children and young people have a voice.
- Hampshire’s Short Breaks Service Statement – teamwork at its best!
- Reaching Out for supported volunteering
- Families and Personalisation Project : Some thinking for local statutory agencies
- Personalisation Resources
Read the latest digital edition of Better Breaks
Better Breaks Conference Edition 2012.pdf
If you would like to contribute to Better Breaks or find out more about the publication, contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01597 811 563